Born in Innsbruck where he attended primary school, he later attended the Bischöfliche Gymnasium Paulinum secondary school in Schwaz. In 1996, he received the academic degree of “Doctor of Medicine” from the University of Innsbruck. Following his military service, he completed his specialist training in trauma surgery in Innsbruck and Hall in Tirol. He worked as senior physician at the University Hospital for Trauma Surgery in Innsbruck until 2008. His focuses include the hip (hip arthroscopy, hip prosthetics) and knee joints (ligament reconstruction, arthroscopic surgery, prosthetics).
- ÖGU (Austrian Society for Trauma Surgery)
- AGA (Society for Arthroscopic and Joint Surgery)
- ASHA (Austrian Society for Hip Arthroscopy)
- ISHA (International Society for Hip Arthroscopy)
- ESSKA (European Society for Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy)