Born in Linz, he attended the primary school and secondary school in Upper Austria. His particular interest in sports medicine and knee surgery were already apparent during his medical studies at the University of Innsbruck. In 1991, he received the academic degree of “Doctor of Medicine.” As part of his training as specialist, Dr. Hoser spent numerous periods in the United States and New Zealand. In 1998, he attained the specialist doctor qualifications in trauma surgery and sports traumatology. Dr. Hoser’s additional focuses include joint surgery and arthroscopic surgery as well as the treatment of tendon injuries.
- ESSKA (European Society of Sports Medicine Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy — member at large (Austrian ESSKA representative since 2006))
- AGA (Society for Arthroscopic and Joint Surgery) — board member
- GOTS (Society for Orthopaedics, Traumatology and Sports Medicine)
- ÖGS (Austrian Society for Sports Medicine)
- ÖGU (Austrian Society for Trauma Surgery)
- ISAKOS (International Society for Arthroscopic Knee Surgery and Sports Medicine Orthopaedics)